Saturday 22 November 2014

Let Your Light Shine

Today, I attended an all day seminer focused on children evangelism. I took some timetime out during the break to chat on social media with a friend and inform her that her jewelry was ready for delivery. I also sent her the picture of the piece. She was pleasantly pleased with the picture and could not wait to rock the jewelry.

We ended out chat and I returned back to the seminer as the break had ended. About 10 minutes later, my phone rang. She was calling. I switched the phone to silent mode as I could not pick the call. Less than 30 seconds later, my other mobile  rang to as she tried to reach me.

I sent her a message that I saw her call but could not pick. Only for her to ask if I had heard of the demise of Chaz B. Chaz B! Chaz B ke?  'Which kin joke be dis na? Abeg stop am',  I told her. She had seen it on someone's DP and she refered me to confirm on bellanaija.com.

Immediately my heart literally broke into tiny million pieces. I had been listening to Chaz B for years and found him to be a very awesome soure of inspiration.  He blessed my life innumerable ways and strengthened my faith in God. No matter how disappointed or let down I felt,  listening to his distinguished voice sure had a way of lifting up my spirit.

I was not the only one mourning. It seemed as if the whole world was mourning and indeed the world was. An inspiration had left. A void has been created.

Chaz B touched a lot of lives while presenting 'Sharing life's Issues with Chaz B' on radio stations. He was so inspiring that day to day,  people called to bless him. Personally, he made me a better person.

Yeah,  I know am going on and on but I just can't stop this feeling of loss.

His light shone bright and far. Everyone that came in contact with him or heard him speak felt the light.  He touched lives with his light. He came,  He saw,  and He conquered. By ensuring that he didt live in vain,  he conquered.  Death has not held him captive because he would always be remembered for shining his light so bright for the world to see.

Thank you Chaz B,  for everything.

Your ardent listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment